Diabetics (both type 1 and 2) regularly blame their disease on their pancreases not functioning properly.  That is true for type 1’s, but that’s not the whole story.

Yes our pancreas is responsible fro the production of insulin, but that’s only about 5% of what your pancreas does.  The other 95% are involved in:

  • Glucagon production
  • The production of 3 important digestive enzymes
    • Amalaise
    • Lipase
    • Tripsin
  • What can cause pancreatitis
  • What are some labs that can be tested to to see how your pancreas is functioning